Monday, May 16, 2011

absent

bueller. bueller. bueller.
i swear, i'm here. i'm just really busy. and kind of losing my mind. but in the best way possible! (is that possible?) it's just all fun stuff like getting all the wedding details in order, preparing alex's house for my arrival and trying to get some jewelry making in somewhere between everything. and somehow in between all of that, i learned how to plant flowers! (too bad the gorgeous 80 degree days disappeared and gave way to MORE 40 degree dismal afternoons.)
here are some things i've come across in the past week that i thought i'd share with you, my devout readers. (all three of you...jk...i hope.)
robert wagner & natalie wood. 1957.

i really liked the shoulder/back detail of this black dress. 
photo taken from refinery29.

love the effortless updo.
photo taken from refinery29.

so i've kind of given up on the idea of possibly being able to own a chanel bag in the near future. listen, i am not a label whore by any means..i shop at target and forever21 more than any other place. but i do love nice things here and there and chanel is just as classic as you can get. but, i will take these ysl imperiale pumps in the meantime. i guess i can learn to settle. ;)
photo taken from kisforkinky.

7 comments:

  1. classic can't be beat! with all the money i've spent at forever 21! i could have had 2 bags by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. regina, i think the same thing. often. maybe we should sell all our target/forever 21 items for those chanel bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I love you.

    -foof

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the effortless updo... to say in the least, it is not effort less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the most effortless updos actually happen...but only when you least expect it after you've thrown your hair up to wash your face in the morning and then looked in the mirror and realized..hey this looks pretty good. but that happens only 1 out of 27 times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the day I can own a Chanel bag, as well as have enough hair to throw it back to wash my face & return to the mirror only to find the most perfect effortless updo.... even if it is only 1 out of every 27 times.... I have to say Marie, I got kind of fluttery feeling when I was filling out our rsvp for your wedding. First time ever I got to write "Mr.& Mrs. Coburn". Still don't know if I'm legally changing my name or not tho... but as of this weekend, we will officially be married! <3 megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. megan!!! yayyyy! i smiled as i wrote "megan coburn" on your favor tag. :)

    ReplyDelete